Winter weather advisory issued for towns bordering CT
Information via the national meteorological service:
For the coastal towns of Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London County.
A winter weather advisory is in effect until 1 p.m. If you’re wondering where the snow is, it’s still coming, according to the weather service, but it’s expected to arrive later, starting at 7 a.m. now. Many school districts have announced closures due to the predicted timing of the snow.
- WHAT… Snow expected. Total snow accumulation up to two inches.
- WHERE… South Fairfield, South New Haven, South Middlesex and South New London counties.
- WHEN… Until 1 p.m. EST this afternoon.
- IMPACTS… Expect slippery road conditions. Hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS… Precipitation may start briefly as rain before turning to snow around 7 a.m. when temperatures drop below freezing. The advisory was issued due to the high potential impact of snowfall during the morning rush hour.
Two doctors have been fined by the State Medical Examination Board in a case that has been sued for malpractice.>>>Read more.
Police are investigating the cause of the explosion of a fire that broke out at the country club over the weekend. >>> Read more.
COVID-19 infections in Connecticut dropped nearly two percentage points overnight. >>> Read more.
Connecticut residents will be able to pick up free N95 masks at the same locations where they were vaccinated against COVID-19. >>> Read more.
Here are the details of the extended forecast:
Rain and snow before 1 p.m., then slight chance of snow between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Temperature dropping to around 29 to 17 hours. Wind chill values between 20 and 30. Wind north 6 to 10 mph, with gusts up to 20 mph. The chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snowfall accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Mostly cloudy, with lows around 12. Wind chill values between zero and 5. Wind north around 11 mph.
Mainly sunny, with highs near 23. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Wind north 9 to 11 mph.
Partly cloudy, with lows around 10. Wind chill values between zero and 10. Wind north around 9 mph.
Mainly sunny, with highs near 27. Wind north 5-9 mph.
Increasing cloudiness, with a low around 16.
Partly sunny, with highs near 33.
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
Mostly sunny, with highs near 28.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
Partly sunny, with highs near 30.
30% chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
30% chance of flurries. Mostly sunny, with highs near 28.